- 110g butter
- 40g sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 175g porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a tin with a little butter.
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup in to a saucepan and put it on low heat and mix till it has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Take it off the heat and add the porridge and the fruit if wanted. Mix well till the oats are coated (if no add a little bit more golden syrup).
- Pour the delicious mixture in to a tin or tray. Flatten down with the back of a spoon.
- Place the flapjack in to the oven for 10 to 20 minutes until golden brown on the top.