My Italian Smoked Salmon Pasta
Member recipe by cupcakecrazyxxxx
Italian summer dish. Lashings of smoked salmon that are paired with a creamy white wine,dill and shallot sauce. Trust me its heavenly!!!
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 shallots,finely chopped
- 175ml dry white wine
- Gulg of double/single cream(about 75ml)
- Fresh dill
- 200g smoked salmon,cut into thin strips
- Salt and pepper
- 400g tagliatelle(or other pasta)
- Heat oil and butter in a saucepan. Add shallots and cook until soft.
- Add white wine to the shallots and simmer to reduce nearly all of the wine, season. Keep warm and place lid on pan.
- Cook pasta according to packet and drain . Pour in the cream to the shallots along with the salmon strips.
- Chop the dill up with scissors and add to pan. Heat until cream starts to boil. Add pasta to pan,stir and serve immediately.
- Serve with the lemon wedges and with warm crusty bread.
- This is a recipe that had been adapted from an Italian recipe. It can be made with any pasta...tagliatelle or penne. Your choice in the picture I have used 'casarecce' but you can use any type.