Lime and Ginger Cheesecake
Member recipe by cupcakecrazyxxxx
No cooking required just easy and simple made to wow! Great for after a Thai curry please try-you won't regret it!!!
- For the base:
- 100g/4oz unsalted butter
- 250g/9oz ginger nuts(or digestives)
- For the filling:
- 4 limes(juice and zest)
- 397g can sweetened condensed milk
- 300ml double cream
- Dark chocolate shavings(optional)
- A round springform tin( about 23cm) with baking parchment on the bottom.
- It can serve 6-8 big slices or 10 smaller ones.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Crush up ginger nuts until fine crumbs (this can be done in a food processor or using a rolling pin and crushing the biscuits up in a freezer bag).
- Place crumbs into a bowl and add melted butter. Stir until a wet sand.
- Pour into the lined tin and press firmly with the back of a metal spoon. Chill in the fridge until firm.
- Whisk(electrically) the cream,lime juice,zest and the condensed milk until thick and creamy.
- Pour on top of the base and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until firm. Add chocolate shavings(optional) and serve.
- Enjoy! Keep in fridge and eat within 4 days.