Cherry and coconut flapjack
Member recipe by cocopop65
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Bars
A quick and easy no fuss flapjack. Great for getting those little chefs out of trouble and into the kitchen.
- 115g butter
- 115g Demerara sugar
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 225g rolled oats
- 60g glace cherries
- 30g desicated coconut
- Baking tin:
- Well greased 18x20cm shallow baking tin.
- Baking times:
- Preheated oven, 180degrees celsius, 350 degrees fahrenheit or gas mark 4. Make sure to put them onto a middle shelf.
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup together on a moderate heat for around 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the oats, cherries and coconut but make sure it is all stirred in thoroughly. You could even try experimenting with other dried fruits like apricot, raisens or even stem ginger,
- Press the flapjack mixture evenly into a well greased baking tray tin and then pop it into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take the flapjacks out of the oven and cut straight away Leave to cool and the take out of the tin.