Chorizo and Butterbean Stew
Member recipe by superspatula
- 200g cooking chorizo (sliced)
- 2x 400g tins pre-cooked butterbeans
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube (crushed)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- a large handful of fresh baby spinach
- seasoning as required
- Fry the chorizo (no oil is required as the sausages release oil as they cook) with the onion for around 5 minutes until the onion has softened and the chorizo is cooked through.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute then add the butterbeans, tomatoes, the chicken stock cube and oregano. Add half a can of water to the pan and cover with a lid.
- Let the casserole simmer for at least 20 minutes on a very low heat.
- Add the spinach for 2-3 minutes until it has wilted.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and season as required. The chorizo can be quite salty so taste before seasoning.