Fit Fish Pie
Member recipe by fitnaturally
- 2 or 3 pieces of fish of choice (we used salmon, haddock and cod)
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes
- knob of butter
- fresh black pepper
- strong cheddar cheese
- Set the oven to 170C/gas 6. Place the fish, creme fraiche, lemon, butter, salt and pepper on a sheet of foil and make it into a sealed but loose foil bag. Put into the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute the leeks, carrots and onions on a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until soft. Or keep them on a low heat until the fish is cooked, but don't let the onions caramelise.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and boil until soft. When ready, mash them to your liking - we added a sprinkle of salt and pepper, a little bit of butter and milk and some chopped parsley.
- When the fish is ready put the contents of the foil bag into an earthenware or ovenproof dish. Put the sauteed vegetables on top and the mashed potatoes on top of that. Sprinkle with about 2 tbsp of grated strong cheddar cheese and grill for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with lots of broccoli, green beans or any other vegetables you like.