Chocolate Gingersnap Squares
Member recipe by call-me-flame-boy
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Squares
These mouthwatering biscuits will be a big party pleaser, easy to bake and delicious these will go down a treat. The excellent combination of spicy ginger and milky chocolate will make an excellent guilty pleasure.
- For the biscuit base:
- 250g Ginger Nut biscuits
- 150g unsalted butter - melted
- For the topping:
- 200g milk chocolate - melted
- Cayenne, allspice, cinnamon to taste
- Put the 250g of Ginger Nut biscuits into a food processor and blend until fine. Line a metal (square) oven tray with cooking parchment paper making sure it is securely held to the tray with a thin spread of butter. Add the 150g of unsalted butter and melt until liquid.
- Slowly add the butter bit by bit to the Ginger Nut blend stirring constantly until the texture of wet sand. It make use more or less butter depending on the Ginger Nut. At this point preheat the oven at 170. Firmly press the mixture into the cooking tray on top of the parchment paper and leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, bake for 6-8 minutes. While this cools melt the chocolate. Once the base is mostly cool spread the melted chocolate evenly over the top and sprinkle the cayenne, allspice an cinnamon over the top to your taste.
- Once completely cool cut into squares (or any other shape you want) and enjoy!