- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp Thai 7- spice (we used Schwartz)
- very large knob root ginger (about 100g), peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 white fish fillets, approx 175g each
- large handful coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil in a deep, ovenproof frying pan, tip in the 7-spice and sizzle for a moment. Add the ginger and chilli, give it a stir, then add the chickpeas, stirring to coat them with the spices. Pour in the tomatoes, season to taste and bring to the boil.
Season the fish and place on top of the chickpea mix, skin side down. Splash some of the sauce over the fish, then roast for 12 mins, or until the fish flakes when gently pressed. Scatter over the coriander and serve.
Make it even quickerTo cut down on chopping, use 3-4 tbsp Bart’s ginger paste in sunflower oil instead of fresh ginger.