White chocolate mousse
Member recipe by tweety_anja
These heavenly desserts can be made the day before and kept in the fridge
- 350g white chocolate
- 75ml Cointreau or orange juice
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 25g caster sugar
- Mango or passionfruit, for decorating
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put into a bowl with the Cointreau or orange juice.
- Stand the bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base doesn't touch the water. Leave until the chocolate is half melted, stirring occasionally. Remove the bowl from the pan and stir until completely melted.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly, then beat in the egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff glossy peaks. Add the sugar and whisk until stiff again., then fold into the melted chocolate.
- Divide into 8 dessert glasses and chill until set. Just before serving, decorate with mango and passionfruit or a favourite topping of your choice.