Member recipe by tweety_anja
- 6 unwaxed lemons
- 500g caster sugar
- 1 litre Vodka
- Carefully remove the peel from the lemons with a vegetable peeler, taking care not to include any of the white pith. Squeeze out the juice from the lemons and set aside.
- Put in the caster sugar in a pan with 200ml water, then stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add the lemon peel to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the juice, bring back to the boil and simmer for another 5 minutes. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Put in a large jar and add the vodka. Cover tightly and leave for two weeks shaking the jar very gently every two days.
- Strain the liqueur and pour into bottles. Add a strip of zest to each. Serve chilled as an after-dinner treat.