Mussels in garlic butter sauce
Member recipe by afronia1
A great recipe for a light mid week meal. Very tasty, healthy and quick to make.
- 2kg Mussels
- 100g butter
- 6 cloves garlic-chopped
- 2 Shallots - finely chopped
- 200ml dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper -to taste
- Scrub the mussels thorougly under cold running water. Discard any that have broken or open shells.
- Melt 40g of the butter in a very large pan over low heat. Add 2tsp of the chopped garlic and all the shallots and cook for 2mins.
- Add the mussels, wine, salt and black pepper. Cover and bring to the boil, shaking occasionally. Cook for around 3 mins or until the mussels open.
- Place the mussels into individual dishes, discarding any mussels that won't open.
- Mix together the remaining butter, garlic and chopped parsley.
- Stir the mixture into the remaining cooking juices and heat through, pour over the mussels and eat immediatley.