- 4 x 75g/3oz herring fillets or 4 x 225g/8oz herrings, gutted
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- large bunch basil, roughly torn
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
Heat grill to its highest setting. Rinse the fish under running cold water to dislodge any loose scales. Brush with a little of the oil and season lightly. Grill for 6-8 mins, or until cooked; the eye should be white, the skin well browned and the flesh firm and opaque.
Meanwhile, make the dressing: whisk the mustard, basil, honey, lemon zest and juice and remaining oil together in a small bowl, and season. Once the fish is cooked, spoon the dressing over and serve.