English Longhorn Steak Tatare
Member recipe by hoopington_pallaby
- Fillet steak approx 300g
- I egg yolk
- 2 tea spoons capers
- 5 cornichons
- Half a red onion
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tea spoon paprika
- handful of parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Just a little note about this recipe, as the meat is going to be served raw, it'Âs really important that you get the freshest and best quality meat that you can, same with the egg. In this recipe I used a new laid Bantam egg and English Longhorn Fillet from Spinney Abbey, which was like velvet.
- Chop the steak as finely as you can, but don't mince it, otherwise you lose the texture.
- Finely chop the rest of the ingredients (except the lemon!).
- Mix with the steak. Season and add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
- Pile into a mound on a plate and make a little depression in the for the egg yolk.
- Serve with croutons or toast.