Member recipe by moocowsrule
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Loave
- Banana Bread Ingredients:
- Butter 100g 4oz
- Self-raising flour 225g 8oz
- Soft brown sugar 100g 4oz
- Raisins or sultanas 150g 6oz
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsps honey
- 3 bananas (preferably ripe)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. Or 160C for a fan oven.
- Rub the butter and flour together until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add in sugar and raisins or sultanas and give it a stir.
- Beat the eggs, and add the honey then stir it in.
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl with a fork.Then add the bananas.
- Give it all a stir.
- With a pastry brush, brush a little oil over the tin.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 40 minutes then take out of the oven and cover with tin foil and then put it in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Leave it to cool.
- Slide a knife between the bread and the tin to loosen the bread. Flip over the tin and let the cake slip out of the tin.