Spicy sweetcorn and pasta soup
Member recipe by hanbevmoh
A wholesome, thick and filling soup, with that extra spicy kick to warm you up!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced or crushed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 pinch of chilli flakes (or more as taste suits)
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 750ml vegetable stock *add another 200ml if you prefer your soup to be thin
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of chopped tomatos
- 12 tbsp sweetcorn kernels
- 150g pasta shapes
- Small bowl of grated parmesan
- Using a large saucepan, fry the diced onion, garlic and pepper in the oil for 4-5 minutes until soft
- Add the chilli flakes, mixed herbs, salt and pepper and continue to fry for one minute - stirring regularly
- Add the tomato puree, the tin of tomatos and the vegetable stock, stir well and then bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend all the ingredients using a hand blender or food mixer.
- Return the blended soup to the pan and put back on the heat. Add the pasta and sweetcorn and bring back to the boil, when it boils, put a lid on the pan, lower the heat and leave to simmer until pasta is fully cooked - this usually takes between 15 and 20 minutes, depending on the shape and size of the pasta. Stir reguarly throughout the cooking time.
- Serve hot from the pan and sprinkle a little parmesan on the top. Enjoy!