Member recipe by munatycooking
- 11 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 3/4 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour (corn starch)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 medium eggs (Separate the whites from the yolks)
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium saucepan, add cream cheese, butter, and milk. Put it on a water bath on medium heat, stir until mixture dissolves, turn of heat and keep aside.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolks and vanilla just until well combined. Add the warm milk mixture to the egg yolks while whisking.
- Sift flour, corn flour, and add to the egg and milk mixture. Mix gently.
- In another bowl, beat the egg white with pinch of salt. Gradually add the sugar and keep on beating until you get a stiff peak.
- Pour the egg yolk and milk mixture around the side of the egg white, to prevent knocking out air from the egg white. Fold the egg white and egg yolk mixture gently by a spatula.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper. If using a springform pan, cover the outside with aluminum foil to prevent water from leaking inside the cheesecake.
- Pour the mixture in your baking pan. I used 8 diameter baking pan which was 4" high. Tap the pan three times on a table.
- Place the baking pan in a larger and deep baking tray. Pour hot water in the large baking tray and let it reach half the baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven of 150C - 302F, for 1 hour and then increase the temperature to 160C - 320F and bake for another 30 minutes, or until uncooked spaghetti inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Turn off the oven, leave the oven door open a jar for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove from the pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.