Coffee Cream Caramel
Member recipe by munatycooking
- For the caramel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- For the cream
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons brewed and cold black coffee
- Making the caramel: - In a small saucepan, add sugar and water. - Let it come to a boil on medium heat. - Do not stir the mixture. Just swirl the saucepan to caramelize the sugar evenly. - When golden or light brown, pour the caramel into the ramekins. - Let it cool completely before pouring the cream mixture on top of it. - Place the ramekins in a baking dish.
- In a saucepan, heat the evaporated milk.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with vanilla, coffee, and sugar until creamy and lighter in color.
- While whisking, gradually add the hot milk. Run the mixture through a sieve.
- Pour the cream mixture over the caramel.
- Pour hot water in the baking dish, covering bottom half of the ramekins.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F/180C for 40 minutes.
- Let the cream caramel cool for 2 minutes. Run a half-inserted knife along the edges of the ramekin. Shake the ramekin lightly then flip it on a serving plate.
- Let it cool and then chill for an hour before serving.