Black Forest Crumble Porridge
Member recipe by glspenceley
A nutritious winter warming breakfast that feels like dessert! Comfort food in all sense of the phrase.
- For the porridge:
- 35g porridge oats
- 250ml milk
- 80g frozen black forest fruits
- For the crumble topping:
- 5g porridge oats
- 10g flaked almonds
- Tsp golden caster sugar
- Combine the porridge oats and milk in a pan over a medium heat for 8 mins, or until just thick. Meanwhile, take the remaining oats and dry-fry with the almonds and caster sugar. Stir continuously being careful not to let them catch.
- Once the crumble topping has turned golden remove it from the heat. Add the frozen fruits to the porridge mixture and stir until warmed through.
- Serve the forest fruits porridge in a bowl and top with the crumble topping. Enjoy!
- For a variation try frozen summer fruits, an apple and blackberry mix, or even tropical fruits. Whatever takes your fancy!