Olive Oil Bread Swirls
Member recipe by whilehewasout
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Pieces
This is an easy and great recipe to make your own bread at home. Sprinkle with cheese, sesame- or linseeds and use it as a sandwich base or to accompany any meals.
- 200 ml water
- 3/4 tbsp honey
- 1 pack instant yeast
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 egg
- 500 g flour
- apx. 40ml oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- +1 egg for brushing
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
- (A) Mix the water, honey and yeast. Wait for the yeast to rise (around 15-20 minutes should do). (B) In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, egg and salt.
- Mix (A) and (B), add the flour and milk, and bring it together to form a nice smooth dough. Let the dough rise in a warm place (1/2-1h)
- Flat out the dough to a square (around 2-3cm or 1 inch thick), cut strings (4-5cm or around 2 inches thick), roll them up as a snail and place them on their side on a baking sheet lined baking tray (You can make any other shapes as well).
- Beat the egg and brush top of the snails, sprinkle them with sesame (or any) seeds if you wish, put them in pre-heated oven and bake them while golden brown at 190C/370F.