Spicy tomato and chorizo pasta
Member recipe by mkeiii
Beautifully simple, quick, and scrumptious pasta dish, bold flavours, easy on the wallet.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 100g chorizo, diced
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 500g passata
- 150g of dried penne/rigatoni
- 50g mascarpone
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- grated parmesan
- Put the oil in the pan to heat up. Add the onion to the hot oil and fry for a couple of minutes until translucent.
- Add the chorizo, rosemary and chilli and fry for another 2 minutes. In the meantime, put the pasta on to cook.
- Add the passata, place a lid on the pan and turn down to a simmer.
- Drain the pasta when it's done. Take the sauce off the heat and add the mascarpone and lemon juice and stir until the mascarpone has all melted.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir. Serve with freshly grated parmesan on top.