Ice Cream Cake
Member recipe by anya19
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
- 2 1/2 pints ice cream (a good quality vanilla)
- 3/4 cup honey roast peanuts
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup mix of milk choc chips and toffee flavour chips if you can get otherwise use dark choc or white choc chips
- 2oz crunchie bar, broken into shards and crumbs
- 150g bourbon biscuits or chocolate cookies broken up into small pieces and crumbs
- chocolate sauce, to serve
- butterscotch sauce, to serve
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow to soften. Line an 8inch springform tin with cling film, both bottom and sides so it over hangs the top.
- Empty the slightly softened ice cream into a bowl and mix in the peanuts, 1 cup of the choc and toffee chips, crunchie chards and 100g of the biscuit crumbs.
- Scrape the ice cream mixture into the prepared tin and flatten the top down. Cover the top with clingfilm and place in the freezer until ready to serve.
- When completey frozen and you are ready to serve, remove from the freezer, un-mould from the tin and pull off the clingfilm. Put the cake onto a cake stand.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the extra 1/4 cup of choc and toffee chips and the remaining biscuit crumbs. Cut into slices and serve with hot butterscotch or chocolate sauce if you wish.