Member recipe by anya19
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Meringues
A crisp meringue shell holding a soft and chewy toffee flvoured centre- a perfect match with freshly whipped cream and seasonal fruit.
- 2 Egg Whites
- 115g/4oz Light Muscavado Sugar
- 142 ml pot double cream
- Seasonal Fruit of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 120C/fan 100C/gas 1/2
- Place the egg whites into a clean and grease free bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Gradually ad the sugar, one spoonful at a time. Whisk until you have a thick and glossy mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 equal mounds on top of a baking tray lined with baking paper, swirling with the end of the spoon, then make a dip in the middle of each one.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours, then leave to cool before peeling back the paper.
- Serve each meringue with lightly whipped cream and seasonal fruit.