Chilli Con Carne
Member recipe by jackbraley
- for the spice mix.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cayanne pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chilli powder (you can choose how hot)
- 1 ground stock cube (beef)
- for the base
- 400g of beef mince
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 tbsp of tomatoe purree
- 1 tbsp of chopped corriander (save a little for garnish)
- 1 tin of kidney beans (just buy the cheap tin)
- 1 tin of baked beans in tomatoe sauce
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- put all the spices in a cup or bowl and mix together
- to a pan add a tsp of oil and sweet down your onions, then your celery and peppers then add the garlic.
- turn the heat up and add your mince stir till part cooked the throw in the spice mix and stir till you coat every thing
- add the tomatoe purree and stir in the kidney beans cook this for a few minutes you can turn the heat down a little to stop burning
- now its time to add the baked beans and your tin tomatoes and stir in well.
- drop in your bay leaf and coriander also season to tase give it one last stir leaving to cook for as long as you like.
- the longer you leave it the more the flavours develope
- serve with rice and a tortilla wrap. a great garnish for this is sour cream or for extra spice some chilli cheese sauce and a fresh salad salsa