Gooey Triple Chocolate Muffins
Member recipe by mark161718
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
- 140g (5oz) unsalted butter
- 140g (5oz) plain chocolate
- 140g (5oz) caster sugar
- 140g (5oz) self raising flour
- 100ml (4fl oz) very hot water (not boiling)
- 30g (1oz) cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 100g milk chocolate chunks
- 100g plain chocolate chunks
- 100g white chocolate chunks
- icing sugar to dust
- Pre-heat steam oven to 160degC and line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases
- Place butter and chocolate in a large bowl, set over a pan of simmering water and stir until both melt.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and hot water. Sift the flour and cocoa and then stir into the mixture. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in chocolate chunks keeping some aside to decorate top. Pour mixture into the muffin cases and sprinkle remaining chocolate chunks over the tops.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on how gooey you like the centres. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream or ice-cream.