Chocolate Fridge Cake
Member recipe by jadetheultimatechef
A great recipe for barbeques or just a quick snack that the family will love.
- 6-8 digestive biscuits, crushed
- 150g of milk chocolate, melted
- 2tsp golden syrup
- hazelnuts,chopped (optional)
- hot water
- Crush up your digestive biscuits into small crumbs and melt your chocolate. Once your chocolate is melted take it off the heat. Also boil the kettle.
- Once you've taken your chocolate off the heat, add your crushed up digestives into the chocolate. Mix until you cant see the biscuit.
- Using the hot water from the kettle, pour enough into a cup to heat the end of a teaspoon. Place the teaspoon into the hot water. Once the teaspoon is hot, use the spoon to get two tsp of golden syrup, we used the hot water so it is easier to get off the spoon. Mix the syrup in.
- (Optional) Chop up the hazelnuts into chunky pieces and mix into your chocolate mixture.
- Place your mixture into a thin tin, any kind will do and place in the fridge.
- After 10-20+ minutes (or until hard) your 'cake' will be done, cut into small squares and serve.