Pork Curry with Red Pepper
Member recipe by jimiskewl
A mouth watering simple one pot dish that is perfect for entertaining or as a family meal.
- 2 tbsp ground nut oil / vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped/crushed
- 400 to 500g pork fillet, thickly sliced or pork loin steaks cut into 2cm strips
- 200g of mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 100 creamed coconut, chopped or 400ml tin of coconut milk (use less stock)
- 300ml chicken/pork or vegetable stock (100ml if using coconut milk in lieu of creamed coconut)
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, deeseded and chopped (optional)
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Jasmine / Basmati rice or noodles to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok over a moderate to high heat and fry the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until softened
- Add the pork and stir fry for 5 minutes until nicely browned all over then add the red pepper, mushroom and curry paste. Give a good stir so that everything is evenly coated.
- Dissolve the coconut in the stock (or mix if using coconut milk - you may want to pre-heat if using the milk to avoid cooling the dish). Add this mixture to the wok with the soy sauce and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until the liquid has reduced.
- Finally, add the tomatoes and coriander. warm through and serve with fluffy rice