Member recipe by camillatrigano
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon julienned ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound chicken, cooked
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala, or to taste
- 1/4 pint heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander
- Directions Heat oil in a large deep frying pan adding chopped onions and fry for 4 to 5 minutes on a medium heat until the onions are slightly brown. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 1 or 2 minutes. Add the salt, turmeric and ground cumin.
- Turn up the heat and further cook for another 1 minute then add the chicken. It is very crucial that spices are mixed within the pan at this point and stirred to ensure that the chicken cooks with texture and flavor.
- Add water after stirring the chicken into the spices.
- Turn down the heat slightly and stir in the garam masala and cream cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with green coriander.