Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 450ml 3/4 pint semi skimmed milk
- 15g butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 75g mature cheddar, grated
- 150g piece of cooked gammon or ham, diced
- 300g cooked potatoes, sliced
- 200g bellaverde broccoli
- 15g fresh white breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and saute the leeks for 4 mins until soft. Add the ham and potatoes and saute until heated through. Transfer to a gratin dish add the ham and keep warm.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil add the bellaverde spears and cook uncovered for 3 mins. Drain well and add to the gratin dish.
- Add the milk to the pan, along with the butter and flour and place over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, whisking with a balloon whisk until a smooth sauce forms. Simmer for 1 min stirring to prevent it sticking. Stir in 50g of the cheese, the mustard and when smooth remove from the heat. Season to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and ham to coat it evenly.
- Mix the cheese and breadcrumbs together and scatter over the sauce coated vegetables. Pop the dish under the grill and cook for a few minutes until the top is golden and crisp. Serve hot.