Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Member recipe by sweetunique
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Bread
- 1. All purpose flour - 1 cup
- 2. Whole wheat flour - 1 1/4 cups
- 3. Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- 4. Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- 5. Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup (I used Hersheys unsweetened chocolate powder)
- 6. Cinnamon - 1 tsp ( I added 2 tsp because I love cinnamon)
- 7. Grated zucchini - 1.5 cups
- 8. Brown sugar - 3/4 cup
- 9. Honey - 1/4 cup
- 10. Oil - 1/4 cup
- 11. Vanilla yogurt - 3/4 cup (I used low fat)
- 12. Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- 13. Egg whites - 2 (lightly beaten)
- 14. Walnuts - 1/2 cup (cut into little pieces)
- 15. Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Mix the dry ingrdients (1 to 6) together.
- Mix the wet ingredients (7 to 13) together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips. You can also omit the chocolate chips but please donÃ¢ÂÂt. Once they melt in the oven, they give such a yummy taste and awesome texture to the bread.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9X5 inch loaf pan.
- Let it bake for 45-50 minutes. (I checked mine after 35 minutes and kept an eye on the bread.) Check for doneness and remove the bread from the oven.
- Let it cool on the pan for 10 minutes. After this time, remove the bread from the pan and let it cool on the wire rack.
- Once it is completely cooled, slice and eat or store it in the refrigerator.
- Notes: This bread is not too sweet. That is the way I like it. But if you want it to be sweeter, increase the sugar or the honey. Entirely upto you. Also I thought this cake tasted much better the next day after being refridgerated over night, left to reach room temp for 20mins and then warmed through in the microwave for 15 seconds.