Prawns in Cognac Sauce
Member recipe by aimee2011
- 350g of Large Prawns
- 300g of Shallots, thinly sliced
- 250g of sundried tomatoes in oil, diced
- 1/2 Lemon
- 4 Cloves of fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, finely diced
- 150ml of Cognac/ Brandy to flambe
- Olive Oil
- 150ml of single cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to season
- 75g of finely grated parmasan
- To begin, thinly slice shallots and lay aside. Crush garlic with some salt to aid this. Finely dice chilli set aside. Roughly dice sun dried tomoatoes.
- Heat the butter on a medium to high heat in a large frying pan, when hot add the shallots and garlic to this.
- Saute until the shallots are translucent. Add the chilli and saute for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns, and cook until they have developed some colour. Squeeze half the lemon over the pan. Add the sundried tomatoes to the pan and fry for a further 3- 5 minutes, add additional olive oil as required to prevent sticking.
- At this point add the cognac and flambe, with care! Continue to shake the pan until the alcohol is dissolved.
- Add the cream and 70g of parmesan gradually as the sauce thickens and reduces slightly. The sauce will be a pink creamy consistency at this point.
- Serve with a bed of tagliatelle, add parmesan to garnish dish and serve.