Fuss Free Steak
Member recipe by squaccy
- 2 Steak
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2-3 garlic segmants (depending on taste), sliced
- 4 button or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 glasses of Red Wine (again, depending on taste)
- Oxo Beef stock, made up according to packet.
- Seasoning (salt, pepper and mixed herbs)
- Cous Cous
- Petit pois
- Prepare the vegetables and preheat the oven to 180c.
- Put the steaks and vegetables (NOT THE MUSHROOMS) in a roasting dish, pour over the wine and stock and seasoning. Put in the oven for about 20 minutes. If you don't like your onions with a slight crunch, fry them first for 2 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn the steaks and add the mushrooms. Put back in oven at 200c for another 10 minutes
- This leaves the steak cooked well done. Oven tempereatures vary so keep an eye on it!
- Serve with cous cous and petit pois.