Strawberry & almond bread
Member recipe by rosiejames
A deliciously doughy, sweet loaf with crunchy almonds. Incredibly easy to make with yummy results!
- 350g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50g chopped almonds
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g fat free strawberry yoghurt
- skimmed milk (add until a sticky dough)
- Preheat a fan oven to 210 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with tin foil.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and chopped almonds in a large bowl.
- Add the strawberry yoghurt and mix until fully combined.
- Gradually mix in the milk until the mixture becomes a sticky dough.
- On a floured surface, roughly mould the dough into a flattened ball. Place onto the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until cooked. The crust should be golden brown and just beginning to darken.
- Enjoy warm, straight from the oven or when cooled.