Artichoke & Tomato Bruschetta
Member recipe by cannedfood
This delicious recipe from Canned Food UK is nutritious, convenient and affordable. What's more, it forms part of your 5-A-DAY! For more scrummy recipes visit www.cannedfood.co.uk
- 410g can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 410g can borlotti beans, drained
- 1 small ciabatta
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a deep sided frying pan or wok, add the onion and fry until golden.
- Add the borlotti beans, heat through and roughly mash.
- Cut the ciabatta into eight thick slices.
- Preheat a ridged griddle pan or BBQ. Toast the ciabatta until scorch lines appear, turn over and toast the second side.
- Rub the toasted ciabatta with garlic, drizzle with remaining olive oil, arrange on a serving dish.
- Top each ciabatta with the mashed borlotti beans, artichokes and diced tomato.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.