Member recipe by simrich77
- 4 tbsp red lentils
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 425ml water
- Small handfull of chopped coriander
- Rinse the lentils several times until the water runs clear.
- Put the lentil into a saucepan with the water and salt and bring to the boil.
- Simmer on a medium heat and skim the froth off of the top for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Cook for a further 35-40 minutes with the saucepan mostly covered with a lid. Remember to stir occasionaly.
- Whilst the lentils are cooking, fry the onions and garlic in the oil until the onion is cooked and then add the turmeric and garam masal and cook for a further minute.
- Add the onion mixture, top with coriander and chopped tomato, serve and enjoy