- 100g green bean, trimmed
- 400g can chickpea, drained and rinsed
- zest and juice 1 lime
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 ready-roasted pepper from a jar, drained and sliced
Also known as capsicums, bell peppers, sweet peppers or by their colours, for example red and…
- 100g cherry tomato, halved
- large handful rocket
Rocket is a very 'English' leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times. It…
- small bunch parsley, chopped
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
- 140g halloumi cheese, sliced
Cook the beans in a pan of boiling water for 3 mins until just tender, adding the chickpeas for the final min of cooking. Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a large bowl, whisk the lime juice and zest with 3 tbsp of the oil and the chilli. Season. Drain the chickpeas and beans and, while warm, toss with the dressing.
Pour boiling water over the red onion, leave for 5 mins to soften, then drain and rinse. Add the peppers, tomatoes, rocket, parsley and softened onion to the bean bowl. Toss to coat everything in the dressing, then divide between 2 plates.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the halloumi slices and fry for about 1 min on each side until golden. Place a few warm halloumi slices on top of each salad and serve.