Aubergine Fry or Begun bhaja
Member recipe by tiapaul85
Typical Bengali (East Indian) dish. Best eaten with hot white rice. Non spicy but great tasting mild dish.
- Aubergine(Begun) - 1 medium sized
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Mustard oil for deep frying
- Chop off the stem and cut the aubergine into 2inch roundels.
- Place them on a plate and smear them with the turmeric powder, sugar and salt. Leave it for 10 mins.
- In the meantime, keep the oil in a pan for heating. Ensure it is very hot, smoking hot.
- Then lower the flame and add the aubergine roundels. Fry on both the sides till they are brown.
- Serve it with hot white rice.