Bacon, sausage & bean stew
Member recipe by slowhandstan
- 2 x 400g of canned beans of your choice, rinsed and drained)
- 8 rashers smoked bacon, sliced into lardons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1.2 litres/2 pints chicken stock
- 225g cabbage, thinly sliced
- 300g sausages, sliced into thick pieces
- Gently fry the bacon in the olive oil in a flame proof casserole on a medium high heat for a few minutes until golden-brown. Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds, then add the tomatoes and the stock and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the cooked, drained beans, then add the cabbage and sliced sausage and cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Add the chopped herbs. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.