Member recipe by squaccy
This is an adaptation of Juliet Harbutt's recipe of roasted vegetables with Lancashire cheese. Original Recipe: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1476/roasted-autumn-vegetables-with-lancashire-cheese
- For the Roasted Vegetable mix:
- 1 Butternut Squash, cut into bite sized chunks.
- 2 Carrots, cut into bit sized chunks.
- 2 Red onions, sliced.
- 1 Courgette, cut into bite sized chunks.
- 1 leek, sliced.
- 4-5 Closed Cap Mushrooms sliced thickly.
- Dried Sage
- Olive Oil
- Tin of Tomato
- Pinch of sugar.
- Lancashire cheese, cubed.
- ADDITIONAL EXTRAs:
- 1 Jacket potato per person cooked at 200c for 60-90 mins.
- Bacon, cut into slices.
- Preheat the oven to f 200C. Using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut the halves into smaller pieces so you can peel them more easily. Chop the flesh into big bite-sized pieces - Watch your fingers, the skin is very hard! Chop the onions too and peel and chop the carrots.
- Put these vegetables in a shallow roasting tin and drizzle them lightly with oil and sprinkle with sage. Roast them for 20 mins.
- While those vegetables are roasting, slice the courgettes, mushrooms and leeks. Add them after the 20 mins and add the bacon if using. Roast this mixture for a further 10 minutes.
- Take out and give a quick stir, all your vegetables should be tender. Add the tin of tomatoes and half of the tin filled with water. Season with the sugar and give a stir. Add the cubed cheese and put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with baked potatoes or rice, this makes a filling Autumnal meal with plenty of your five a day!