Member recipe by paulc007
- 1 medium chicken (about 1.6kg)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Sage, Tarragon, Thyme, Rosemary, Parsley. Extra if required Lemon, Garlic, Onions and Honey.
- Preheat the oven to 220ËC. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the chicken, breast-side down. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the water and pat thoroughly dry.
- Put the chicken in a roasting tin and rub with oil. Season generously, both inside and out, and add any flavourings you're using to the cavity. Tip a couple of millimetres of water or stock into the bottom of the tin, and put into the oven for 1 hour â 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
- 10 minutes before the end of cooking, turn up the oven temperature to 250ËC to help crisp the skin. Keep an eye on it to prevent it burning.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 15 minutes before carving.