Member recipe by brini1988
15-20 mins preparation time 30-40 mins cooking time 10 mins cooling time
- 2 eggs
- 180ml vegetable oil
- 200g caster sugar
- 275g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500g cored, peeled and diced apple
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease and flour a 20x30cm cake tin.
- Beat vegetable oil and eggs until foamy. Add the sugar, flour, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, salt and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the diced apples. Spoon mixture into prepared tin (it will be very thick)
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool cake in tin for 10 minutes before removing.
- Also if you want to you can sprinkle a little icing sugar over the top of the cake before serving for a nice touch, enjoy! :)