Chicken and pasta salad
Member recipe by octaviaola
- 1 breast of chicken
- 250 gms of pasta (Farfalle)
- olive oil
- black olives
- 1 spring onion
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small can of sweetcorn
- watercress for garnish
- Parmigano cheese
- Olive oil
- 1 generous teaspoon of French mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
- Put a saucepan of water to boil.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes and coat with seasoned flour and fry until golden brown and cooked through. Place on kitchen towel and allow to cool.
- When water is boiling add salt and then pasta and leave to cook. Do not cover with lid as the past will stick.
- Prepare dressing: combine the olive oil, vinegar, sugar and mustard together and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Deseed pepper and chop small. Cut the spring onion finely and drain the sweetcorn and drain the olives. Set all these aside
- When pasta is cooked, al dente, drain and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients - chicken, pasta, peppers, sweetcorn, onion and olives and drizzle over the vinegrette mixing well to ensure a good coating.
- Transfer to a large plate and garnish with the watercress.
- Grate Parmigano cheese over the whole dish and serve.