Peanut Butter Brownies
Member recipe by zippylongstocking
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Brownies
- 200g dark chocolate
- 170g unsalted butter
- 5 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 325g caster sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas 3
- Line and grease a baking tray measuring 30x23x4cm well with excess baking paper which will allow you to lift the brownies out rather than turning out of the tray.
- Put the chocolate, butter and 2 heaped tablespoons of the peanut butter in a heatproof bowl over the pan of water on a low heat. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water and the water is not boiling. Gently stir the ingedients until completely melted.
- Once melted, take the bowl off the heat. Add the caster sugar to the mixture and mix well, then add the flour and stir well and finally add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl over the hot water, melt the remaining peanut butter (3 heaped tablespoons-add more if you want it really peanutty!) until smooth and runny.
- Pour half of the brownie mixture into the baking tray making sure the whole bottom of the tray is covered. Over the layer of bronwnie mixture, drizzle the melted peanut butter, then pour over the remaining brownie mixture.
- (This isn't essential but looks pretty) Take a teaspoon and put the handle straight down into the mixture in the top left corner of the tray, run it through the mixture in a swirling left to right motion until you reach the bottom of the tray. If there is any peanut butter showing through the top layer of brownie mixture, this will create a marble effect.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes. Once out, leave to cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes before lifting out of the tray and cutting into squares.