Mango relish panna cotta
Member recipe by mahuadey
- mangoes (not very ripe) -2
- mango (ripe) -2
- roasted fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- dry red chilli - 1
- Sugar - 2 1/2 cups or as per your taste
- milk - 300 ml
- fresh cream - 300 ml
- fruit essence - 2drops
- gelatin pdr -5 tsp
- oil -1 tsp
- paprika pdr - a pinch ( optional)
- Take the unripe mango and grate it. Heat oil in a pan and add the dry red chilli and fennel seeds. Once the red chilli and fennel seeds start to change colour add the grated mangoes and saute for sometime. Now add 1 cup sugar to the pan and continue stirring till the sugar dissolves and you get a jam like consistency.You can also add a pinch of paprika to get that kick of sweet sour and a hint of chilli but it is optional.
- In the meantime cut the ripe mangoes into small cubes and store it for later. Mix the gelatin in cold water and let it stand for 10 mins.
- In a pan add the milk and remaining sugar and stir continously to avoid sticking to the pan.Now add the cream and fennel seeds. Mix well and let it simmer for sometime.Take it off the heat and add the fruit essence. Now add gelatin and mix well. let it cool down to room temp.
- In a glass or small bowl first add a layer of the mango chutney or relish that you made earlier. Then add a layer of the milk and cream mixture. Add the pcs of ripe mango cubes to this mixture and let it set in the fridge for 2 to 3 hrs.
- After setting top it again with the mango relish and a dollop of whipped cream. serve chiled.