Fresh Tomato Salsa
Member recipe by sindhumeda
Easy to make salsa which can be served with tortilla chips or bruschetta.
- 500g/1lb2oz ripe, full-flavoured tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot or small red onion, finely chopped
- a squeeze of lemon or 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Pour boiling water over the tomatoes and remove them after 30 seconds. Peel them with a sharp knife and cut into quarters, scoop out the seeds with a thumbnail.
- You are left with skinless, seedless, delectably sweet tomato flesh. This can be left in quarters (for a chunky, salady version) or more finely chopped (if you are tending towards the salsa). Either way, toss with the remaining ingredients and it is ready to serve.