Stuffed Mushrooms Salad.
Member recipe by mattythom
- 4 large flat portabello mushrooms
- 4 spring onions
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 100g of fresh brown bread crumbs
- 1 tsp of fresh oregano (chooped)
- 50g of grated chedder cheese
- 100g cooked chicken (finely chooped)
- 4oz long grain wild rice
- Green salad leaves (rocket, spinach, watercress)
- 8 cherry tomatoes.
- Chopping board
- Small bowl
- Frying pan
- Tea spoon
- Fish slice.
- Losely wrap one chicken breast in foil and grill until cooked and tender, While chicken is cooking wash and pat dry mushrooms (using paper towel). Remove stalks and chop finely.
- Measure and finely chop 100gms of the cooked chicked, put aside for the mushroom stuffing.
- Chop the spring onions and then saute (LIghtly fry) the mushroom stalks together with the spring onions.
- In a large bowl mix together the mushrooms, onions bread crumbs chopped chicken and oregano, set aside.
- Grate the cheese and add to the stuffing mixture. Carefully equally spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps. Lightly drizzle with oil, grill for approximately 8-10 minutes. Serve hot with rice and green salad leaves and cherry tomatoes.
- While mushrooms are cooking, cook 4 0z of long grain rice, wash salad leave and tomatos, arrange on plates ready to add the mushrooms to.