Member recipe by jodiah94
This Tiramisu recipe is really creamy, and not very coffeeish for those who prefer desserts without coffee. As you will notice, it uses choc chip cookies rather than sponge fingers, you may either use this adaption or use your own version - it's entirely up to you! I served them indiviually but that also is a decision you may take! This recipe can easily be doubled or made without gluten free ingredients for those who do not suffer with it.
- 1 tbsp espresso
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp rum
- 10g gluten free dark chocolate
- 2 free range eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 125g mascarpone
- For the cookies:
- 35g soft brown sugar
- 35g golden caster sugar
- 35g butter, softened
- 1 free range egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g gluten free flour
- 20g gluten free milk chocolate, cut into chips
- 30g gluten free dark chocolate, cut into chips
- Heat oven to 180C (fan). Line a baking sheet with baking parchemnt. Mix the sugars and butter together with an electric whisk, then add the egg, vanilla, flour and the melted milk chocolate and mix together. Stir in the white and plain choc chips, then use an icecream scoop or a round tablespoon (measuring spoon) to scoop out balls of cookie dough and drop them straight onto the trays.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until pale golden and still soft to touch - they will firm up as they cool. Carefully transfer to a wire rack as soon as they can be lifted up. When cool, crumble them into chunks.
- Meanwhile, mix the coffee with the brandy and rum. Roughly grate the dark chocolate. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture has reached the ribbon stage and is light and fluffy, then whisk in the mascarpone, a bit at a time.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold gently into the egg-yolk mixture.
- Line the base of serving dish(es) with half of the crumbled cookies, then pour over half of the coffee mixture.
- Spread half the mascarpone mixture gently over the cookies.
- Repeat step 5, & 6. Refridgerate for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. WARNING; as this dish contains raw egg it is unsuitable for pregnant women, and must not be eaten any longer than a day after it was made.