Member recipe by Ripton57
- 5 lbs. hind quarter or whole chicken
- 1/8 c. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 can (6 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 lbs. potatoes (reg. or sweet)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Cut chicken into square chunks of 2 inches and marinate with salt, sugar and pepper. Cut potatoes into chunks smaller than chicken.
- Cut potatoes into chunks smaller than chicken. Deep-fry potatoes in hot oil about 5 minutes.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, wait 1 minute for oil to get hot. Put onion in and stir fry about a minute less (DO NOT OVERDO). Add garlic and chicken at the same time and saute chicken for 10 minutes.
- Then pour everything into a pot. Add water enough to cover mixture. Cook 15 minutes at medium-low heat. Cook another 10 minutes after adding potatoes. Finally, pour coconut milk in and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with French bread or Fragrant Rice.