- 150ml sunflower oil, plus extra for the tin
A variety of oils can be used for baking. Sunflower is the one we use most often at Good Food as…
- 1 large egg
- 284ml carton buttermilk, made up to 350ml with milk
- 500g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 140g mature cheddar, grated
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- small bunch chives, snipped
- 25g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
- 200g full-fat soft cheese, gently diced into 2cm cubes
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and oil a 12-hole muffin tin. Whisk the oil, egg and buttermilk. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, 1 tsp salt and mustard powder, then stir in the cheddar, spring onions, chives and half the Parmesan.
Use a large spoon to gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry – don’t overmix, just lightly combine. With the final few folds, mix in the soft cheese cubes. Spoon the mixture between the holes in the tin (they will be quite full), scatter with the remaining Parmesan and bake for 25 mins.