Basa filet and garlic potatoes
Member recipe by klmedd
This recipe is very easy and quick. Basa fillets are very cheap to buy and tastes as good as cod/hadock. The basa fillets taste best grilled, or can be oven cooked. The garlic potatoes add that little extra something
- 2 Basa Fish Fillets
- New Potatoes, enough for 2 portions,
- Garlic granuals
- Sprinkle of dried mixed herbs
- For the Pesto
- 2 cups oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thinly (I bought mine julienne)
- 1 cup shredded fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- Preheat the oven to oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 5 Drizzle a little oil into a roasting dish and place in the oven to heat up. After 5 mins add the potatoes, sprinkle over the garlic granuals and mixed herbs and give a little shake to make sure all the potatoes are covered. The potatoes should take 30 mins. Half way through check the potatoes and give a little shake.
- Next we need to make the pesto. Combine tomatoes, cheese, and pine nuts in a food processor and blend until a paste is formed. If the paste is thick add a drizzle of oil.
- Then you need to coat the basa fillets with the paste. Both side and leave to one side. You can do this earlier if you want a more powerful taste. 16 minutes before the potatoes are cooked, put the basa fillets under the grill. Cook for 8 minutes on each side under a medium heat. You can pot up the left over pesto and use at a later date. Once the potatoes and fish have cooked plate up.