Rebecca's revamped Carbonara
Member recipe by rebeccanorstrom
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 50g frozen peas, defrosted
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 200g creme fraiche
- 6 rashers bacon, cut into small chunks
- 1 egg beaten
- 150g spaghetti
- 25g parmesan cheese
- Boil a pan of salted water and cook spaghetti following packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a large pan or wok. Add the onion and garlic and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the bacon and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes until the mushrooms soften and the bacon is crisp.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, creme fraiche, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper together until it's combined and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the vegetables and bacon. Pour over the egg mixture along with the defrosted peas and gently combine all the ingredients over a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Serve with extra parmesan and black pepper to taste.